Experiential Education invites final year Social Sciences Students to attend the Faculty of Social Sciences Career Networking Breakfast.
Date: Friday, January 25, 2013
Time: 8:30-11 a.m.
Location: Celebration Hall
Dress Code: Business Casual
*Registration on OSCARplus is required. Space is limited and will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Please RSVP early to reserve your spot!
Open only to undergraduate students in their final year and graduate students from the Faculty of Social Sciences, this event will provide you with the opportunity to network with a variety of industry professionals and learn about the diverse career paths attainable with a Social Sciences degree!
Employers from the following areas will be present for round-table career conversations:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Services – Social Worker, Hamilton Health Sciences
- Business Management – Global Vice-President, RHI AG
- Communications – Director, Communications and Public Affairs, Ontario Trillium Foundation
- Economic Development – Marketing Coordinator, City of Hamilton
- Health Administration – Coordinator of HNHB Emergency Services Steering Committee, HNHB LHIN
- Human Resources – Human Resources & Corporate Services Advisor, Ontario Heritage Trust
- International Development – Director of School and Youth Coordination, Me to We
- Law – Lawyer, Norton Rose
- Policy – Policy Planner, City of Hamilton
- Research and Analysis – Executive Director, Social Planning and Research Council
- Youth Justice – Director of Program Development, Banyan Community Services
8:30 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:50 a.m. Welcome Address
9:00 a.m. Speaker Panel
9:30 a.m. Career Conversations and Networking round tables
10:50 a.m. Closing Remarks
Are you looking to continue studies post-grad? Interested in learning more about the career development services available as an undergraduate student and soon-to-be alumnus?
Representatives from McMaster’s School of Graduate Studies and the Student Success Centre will be available to provide additional information regarding post-grad options and answer questions pertaining to your own professional development.
Career Networking Prep Workshops:
Experiential Education will be offering three workshops to help registrants best prepare their networking skills prior the career breakfast. Topics will cover event details, dressing for success and networking best practices to help students maximize this experience.
Attendees are strongly encouraged to attend ONE of the following Prep Sessions:
Date 1: Thursday, January 17 – 1:30-2:15 p.m. (TSH 112B)
Date 2: Tuesday, January 22 – 12:30-1:15 p.m. (TSH 112B)
Date 3: Thursday, January 24 – 11:30-12:15 p.m (TSH 112B)